Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 486 - 'one' can feel like sinking...

Sneaking some yummy ice cream before
my plumbing backed up.
But somehow you manage to sail.  That's how the last couple weeks have felt.  It has been a blur of activity between hospital, nurses, doctors and adding more medications.  At times it's amazing what your body will endure but for sure I am glad I quit my chemo treatments when I did although it seems that I will blessed to have a rapid heart beat from here on in.

Well I suppose you want more explanation of where I've been for that last while...nosey.  Most of the time, I was in a bed and trying to get my pipes unplugged.  Now doesn't that sound exciting.  I had a few days of tummy pain that reminded me of what I had before my surgery.  I was starting to feel quite dehydrated and the pain was beginning to be unbearable.  So I made the decision to visit my favorite emergency ward in Ladner.  As usual, immediate attention and I had a curtained room within 15 minutes.  They had already prepped the room for the drugs I needed and their favorite word was 'stat'.  They communicated that I had made the right decision to come in.

My new resting spot. So nice to
be out of the bedroom
The next was the usual run of tests to see if I had a blockage in my tummy.  ECG, chest Xray, abdomen Xray, blood tests and CT scan. As luck would have it the surgeon who did the work on my belly was there and he told me that they are going to run some tests but he will be probably going to get me transported to Surrey memorial so that I was ready for surgery.  Yeah an ambulance ride and right to the place I trying to avoid.  I shouldn't complain though they treated me well when I was there.

I will try and keep the story short...they found no blockage, yeah, no ambulance, wahhh, but 3 days of trying to get my tummy cleared.  Nothing was working so we decided to visit my dr. on the way home and try to get some ideas.  First time I've been out and about in a wheel chair. 

They're packing Christmas goodie
boxes to be sent across the sea.
It's been a week now and I haven't eaten solid food in over 2 weeks.  I will not get on the scale until I am eating good solid food and I'm hoping that will come in the next few days.  Maybe by the weekend.  I think we've got the medications down right now, my 6 month prego tummy now looks about 5 months along.  I still rarely have a no-chuck-up day but we are still playing with solutions and potions to solve that.  I had so much sludge in my system that litterly the food would not go into my digestive system, the only way it had to go is back up into a bucket.  Sadly it's all routine now. 

Grandkids have all been to visit but I wanted to make sure they were prepared for what gramma's looks like now and that moving around is quite a chore. They all seemed OK, although you can see it hit the older ones a little more.  Ray said today he wants his pudgy Vicki back and I agree, FAT is in!!! LOL

It's been the first day I've able to sit up for a length of time. It sure feels good, oh...I knew that it would now, sure feels good.  And on a funny note, picture this old lady walking down the hallway in her bright red robe and on route I stumble and my head makes a bullseye thud to the closed bathroom door.  I think I will need the old safety helmet soon! LOL I can report no damage to the door or my ego.

Take good care of your body ya hear, without health you are helpless. ;-)

signed 'one' purple ladybug struggling rapid waters to stay afloat.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon Vicky, your one strong purple ladybug, love to you!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.