Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 445 - 'one' winner

Yep...it's me! I'm in my new potting area in the back yard.
Yep...it's me!!!!
There is so much more than beating someone in a challenge to be a winner.  I see many winners everyday.  Mind you I see many losers as well.  Unfortunately it's the losers that seem to stick in our minds more than the winners.  You know those losers...
the one's that tell you what you should be doing instead of supporting you with what you are doing.  The one's that push their way through a crowd without even saying 'excuse me'.  The one's that spend more time talking about the faults in others than listening and learning from the people that could teach them a thing or two.

But oh my, the winners! The one's that stand aside when they see that you have a cane.  The one's that smile at you when you smile at them.  The one's that listen to all your whining and only have nice things to say back to you to make you feel better.  The one's that take time out of their day to help you or try in many ways to do what they can for you.  I actually live with a winner! Nope he hasn't won a race or beaten someone in a challenge.  But he has won my heart and all the baggage that goes with it.  [kinda sappy eh? ;-)]

Thank you winners and you know who you are.  I guarantee that you have changed people's lives by being who you are.  Please never lose that kind heart, never let anyone spoil your gift of the gab.  Hang onto to your belief that if you are kind to others they will be kind back.  Even when your day seems like you are holding the biggest catcher mitt and the only thing you're catching is SH_ _! Look in the mirror and remind yourself that you are a winner in every sense of the way and you will never let anyone take it away from you.  NEVER ya hear...NEVER!

Me in my moo moo.  The moo moo's have
returned for the winter.  So comfy and warm.
I know I'm not coordinated but who sees me
in my back yard anyway?
Well as you can see I am feeling better.  I have almost lost my metal mouth.  I'm contemplating doing a cold food test in a couple days. Don't worry I won't be alone when I give it a try.  My brain feels clear and my body needs to gain it's muscle tone back and the ability to support my chubby upper self.  Still having a little problem with my appetite but I'm thinking once the cold food is an option there might be a few gallons of ice cream treats in the fridge.  I have become an expert at the dry heaves. Poor Ray had to close the truck window the other day because I was gagging and he didn't want people to hear me.  Man I could clear a restaurant in 5 minutes with my new expertize!  LOL

With every day comes thoughts of what I can actually do and dreams of an amazing winter.  I would LOVE a snowy January, yep I would like that a lot.  So tomorrow when you wake up know that today is the day you make an impact on someones life with your 'winner' ways and 'winning' attitude cause you made an impact on mine!  Thanks for being you!!!

signed 'one' calm and collected purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.