Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 449 - 'one' excuse or another

Well hello there! It's been awhile hasn't it? Why you ask? I could use many excuses but the main was I felt like I didn't have anything new to write about.  Yep, that's true, there are times that I just don't know what to write.

The provincial Home Care system has kicked in...
 A nurse will be calling or visiting every week now.  The nurses and dr.'s will manage my pain control, right now I seem to be fine.  They have loaned me many care aides to help me get in and out of the bathtub and bed.  We have them stored downstairs until I need them.

I've been waiting for the day when I feel better and those days are coming more and more.  But believe it or not I don't know what to do with myself when a good day arrives.  Crazy eh? I admit I've been quite down for the last couple weeks, every day I hope I will feel better and every day I didn't seem to be moving forward at all.  I was moving forward but as impatience rears its ugly head yet again, today and yesterday I felt rather normal.  It feels like I'm afraid to exert any energy because I will regret it the next day.  I still do my Tai Chi, rebounder exercises and now I'm learning Qigong though.

I feel like a princess this morning as I sip slowly on a small glass of cold orange juice, yep COLD!  I will gradually try more and more cold things until I get to the coldest food, ice cream mmmmm. How a person can miss such a small thing as cold food. 

I've replanted the lavender plants that I brought home from Lavenderville.  There are still quite a few to pull out of the ground in Hope but gradually we will get them all before Mr. Frost comes to visit, I hope!

So there's my excitement.  My weight seems to be steady now, I'm not eating much but I try to get in a couple small meals a day.  I seem to have lost my desire for food, it all looks gross to me now, not even the constant bombardment of food commercials makes me hungry, yuck! My old man is home today so perhaps we will go for a ride in his comet, it's always such a blast.  I hope you have a wonderful day too and something as fun as our comet is on your to do list.

signed 'one' day at a time purple ladybug


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Some of those Lavender plants could find a home @ my home! Just sayin'....LOL Glad to hear the days are gettin' better. (seems I don't like "G's" very much) Get out in that old car even if it is a Ford it should be some fun.
    Sometimes ya gotta go "full tilt Bozo" according to Robin Williams. I saw a skit he did about this and it left a lifetime impression. Very moving, if you get a chance to see it, don't pass it up!
    Hugs from the Bear Family!!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.