Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 450 - 'one', two, no three different people

ahh the days when I had enough
hair to use curlers.
It's been a day of contemplating the many changes I've made in my life over the past year.  Now I contemplate the changes I need to make for this new edition of me.  It has taken almost a month for my body to recover from the deluge of drugs it endured over the last year.  I'm sure it's not finished adjusting yet but feeling so normal the last few days does put a new spin on how I'm thinking...

As with big changes in your life you fear making the wrong decisions and taking the wrong roads.  But the only person that will know that it was the wrong path to take would be you.  Perhaps as you notice that you need to make changes you over analyze the possibilities instead of letting things happen as they may.  But with having my brain power in the process of returning and working on my body to try and gain at least half the strength it used to have, I find the need to chart my course over the next while.

I have a big project that has been sitting on the shelf waiting for the right moment to get it started but I've been hesitant not knowing what the new edition of 'me' will be.  This new edition includes perhaps a sense of shock of feeling so well, popping my pain medications routinely and trying some holistic methods towards warding off my invader.  It reminds me of the feeling I had when I was debating starting this blog.  Do I want to put myself even more out there for others to see? Do I have the ability to create something that will help someone...even just one.  Again the same questions that I had before I started my blog.

This project will push me into areas that I've never done before but I find it popping in my brain multiple times per day.  With the new edition of me, I find the need to take control and travel the roads that I've never travelled before and believe me that's the only way I feel that I can make a difference.  You've heard the saying 'if you always do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten'.  By pushing those comfort levels out the door and doing things anyways you will realize that you are capable of more than you realize.  No my project won't be perfect, yes I will make many mistakes, yes I will look like a fool sometimes, yes taking the chance will be worth it.  I don't know how it will all turn out but if I don't try I will regret not giving it a try. 

Try to look at your new challenges as opportunities to reach beyond your comfort zone and watch how everything changes around you as well.  Just by putting one foot in front of the other, you will see you have the ability to do a happy dance along the road.  Dance like no one is watching!

signed 'one' purple ladybug putting one step in front of the other

2 comments:

  1. You're ability to understand and respond to things, changes in your like is absolutely monumental. I can only hope to reach the grasp you have of your wants and needs and your ability to focus your energies into them. Your influence on those that take the time to know you is unmatched, and unchallenged. Take that road to success, I'll tag along, watch and learn and be better for it. I travel with you in my heart and stand nearby, ready to help fight the battle any way I can. Teary eyed hugs from the Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I typed "like" in the first line I meant "life" having some trouble seein' I guess and not so good at proof readin' either LOL

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.