Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 457 - 'one' instant response

my body now has to food.  Gagging.  Yep isn't that exciting, and it's a great way to clear the room.  Dudley runs out of the room because he knows what will follow soon and Ray runs for my friend Bill the bucket!  It's such a weird sensation.  Most of the time it's just a disgusting noise. Aren't you glad you don't live with us and I'm sure you won't be inviting me over for a meal with you soon ;-)...

I apologize for not doing my blog for the past week, I have been dealing with some wonderful new aches and pains and adjusting my medications to try and get it right, so it allow me to function through the day.  I think we have figured it out now, I think.  But all-in-all its been a week of watching the TV, woohoo and rest, rest, rest.  I was thinking this morning that it has taking me a year and a half but I now can get a full 8 hours sleep during the night which is amazing since I haven't been able to do that most of my life!  I used to function on 5 hours of sleep or less and that was crazy!  Oh well you do what you have to when you need to and at that time 5 hours sleep worked great for me.  Well sort of!

Last week we took a wonderful trip out to the Apple Barn in Abbotsford.  What a great place for kids big and small.  We picked up fresh apples and I mean fresh! They didn't have shrinky dink stems or look like they gone through the local apple wash and waxing service station.  Fresh! And so many different kinds too.  We had a lot of fun, mind you when Ray came across a traffic circle on the way there...that was NOT so much fun.  He just loves them...nope!

Usually our favorite time to camp is in September and October but since September has already passed we are now making plans to take a road trip to the island and spend a few days in a cottage we have rented and do some storm watching.  Sir Dudley gets to come too!  Now lets hope they have sound proof walls, I don't think the neighbours would like to hear my gagging noises LOL.

Yes, it has been a quiet week.  I got to have cold food this week and let me tell ya, cold juices are wonderful and being able to grab something from the fridge and just eat it, is quite a novelty as well. Today I will continue my struggle to eat which will help me keep my weight from falling off.  EAT, EAT, EAT....gag, gag, gag!  Ahhh, I should have nevered wished that my love for food would disappear, be careful what you wish for, you might get it!

signed 'one' noisy but uneventful purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.