Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 469 - 'one' strange dream

Do you remember some of the dreams you used to have as a kid.  I remember I used to dream of flying.  I used to fly down our stairs and then out into an incredible sunny day.  Then I would notice that no one could see me, what a treat that was.  Flying from place to place listening to people's conversations.  There are times as an adult that I wish I could be a fly on the wall and listen to what other's lives are like...


I think in some ways that it would be great because it would give us insight into why people do what they do.  The decisions they make.  The things they say to you.  Perhaps it would give us more compassion, patience and understanding to know why people act the way they do.  Of course this would be true of children perhaps but as adults isn't there a time and place when the things we learnt as children can be untaught.  Meaning that when you arrive at adulthood you have the opportunity to change the voices in our head and change how we treat others. 

As adults we know the difference between right from wrong. As adults we have choices we can make.  Yep choices.  Sometimes we excuse another person's actions because of the things that happened to them as children.  But shouldn't those things make us stronger? wiser? more compassionate? more forgiving? more patient?  Shouldn't they? For some they don't.  Their childhood makes them angrier, unforgiving and impatient. Which road did you decide to take?

Today is a stormy day outside.  I LOVE storms.  For the last month I have been the run and hide kind of person.  I've been disappointed that recovery from chemo has taken so long and my body strength still seems to be decreasing. I'm hoping that my strength will return once I start eating volumes of food! Ahhh food.  I definately crave COLD food now.  But just cold drinks.  I've tried ice cream but it doesn't agree with my tummy, that's why I need to make my special yogurt.  Smoothies are high on my list to make yet.

I've had 3 'no baggies needed' days, that is terrific and a much needed break for my stomach muscles.  You'd think I would have a 6 pack by now, sheesh, that's not fair.  Off I go to continue my day.  I've done a lot this am, so this afternoon will be crochet time with my Dudley curled up on my lap.  Everyone needs a Dudley to curl up on their laps...so cute.


Signed 'one' getting there purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. I always comment here and not on facebook. For some reason I went back to see if there were other comments on this particular blog because it really affected me (tears, good and bad). They were all about the pictures. I had barely noticed pictures of you and your family amongst the pumpkins. For me it was all about the words, the thoughts, the feelings of my friend Vicki. Although I do not always comment I want you to know I read everything you write and cherish every word.
    Your disappointments make me sad and your vacationing tummy muscles make my happy.

    May today be a good one for you.

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.