Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 462 - 'one' stubborn turkey

Dudley was sick of us
taking pictures.  He is showing his
best side! LOL
yep that's what we had, was one stubborn turkey.  We have been trying to have turkey dinner with my youngest girls family for quite sometime now.  Either someone would get sick and trying to get the two guys work days off on the same day has been quite fun.  But we managed to do it yesterday.  Well we managed to 'think' that yesterday was the day.  Well it was my turn not to feel well.  I tried really hard to ignore the way I was feeling with the thought that if I just ignore it, it would just go away.  Yep away...

So much for that theory.  I even resigned myself to wear a moomoo over for dinner so my tummy didn't have anything binding against it.  Besides my family has seen me in my moomoo's many times.  But the gagging began and then full fledged barfing took over, crap, crap, crap!!!!  Such language! I definitely had decided by then that I was not going because if my grandkids heard all the weird noises I was making it may start a chain reaction and that would not be pretty. So in bed I stayed with Ray off to deliver the pots of potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce and carrots & turnips he had made.  Low and Behold wonderful leftovers were delivered later for Ray and I to enjoy.  So tonight we are hoping to sit down and nibble on some wonderful pies together.  Yes we are determined to eat something together in celebration of all we are thankful for and there are many things for sure.

We worked together to make stew one night!
I had my port-a-cath flushed yesterday.  We went to the new out patient building for the Surrey Hospital.  WOW, I don't think that could be called a hospital.  Didn't feel like one at all.  You even pre-register on machines so that by the time you get to the appropriate desk they don't need any additional information from you and you just wait to be called.  There are TV's hanging all over the place and it was only a few minutes before they called Ray and I in.  Within minutes they had hooked me up and the flushing had begun.  Yep I got 'flushed' yesterday! LOL.  It was exactly the same procedure's that Ray and I did when we took my pump off except that they had to put the needle in the port first.  For us it was already there and we just flushed the line and removed the needle. 

I am feeling a little less steady on my feet now and then so I really don't know whether it's permanent or perhaps I need to do more exercising.  I seem to get sick every other day.  Strange I say, strange.  I have been taking a few vitamins lately so I will lay off those for a week and see if my sicky on and off days disappear.  At least with this wonderful monster in my body I can keep trying different things to see if they work.  Ahhhh the mad scientist at work! or should I say mad grandma. 

Can you see the surfer dude?
The last month has been not what I expected.  I expected to gain so much energy and everything to be back to 'look out' she's got another idea.  But instead I seem to feel sick every other day and then I give myself a day to rest and recover.  Sheesh that wasn't the plan there ms. bodio! Not the plan at all!  So I will try to work on things I can do on my butt and get my mind working on other things besides feeling sorry for myself.  Yep I do that sometimes too.  I admit it.  But then there are days that I forget that I am sick.  That I just enjoy all the great people and things I have around me, which there are many.  One day at a time there guys, take life one day at a time!

signed 'one' dreaming of a yummy slice of pie, purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.