Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 422 - 'one' full hourglass

Little Halcie
I was thinking about the hourglass timer this morning and wondered how it would look for my life? The first thing I envisioned was how full the bottom part is already.  I actually don't think it really started filling fast until I met my hubby.  Until then I was just growing, learning and preparing for adulthood.  But nothing prepares you more for life than living it, no matter what you read in the books!  I have met many a university scholar that thought they knew all about life until they actually took some time off learning and started living...

Yes, my hourglass is already overflowing with the most wonderful things in life, marriage, babies, teenagers, yes teenagers, pets, homes, careers[I've had a multiple of these], empty nesters, campers, travellers, kids marriages, grandbabies, and on and on I could go.  I'm still filling that hourglass and plan to for a LONG, long, LONG time because that hourglass will be overflowing all over the place before I'm done believe me.  What full would your hourglass be?  Are you happy with it?

Sorry girls, you'll learn that grandpa
LOVES to read the instructions!
One thing I'm most proud of, as you know, is being a mommy.  I admit I miss being a 'mommy' but being a 'grandmommy' is great too! Kids are full of joy, forgiveness, curiosity, and they crave play.  As adults we seem to loose some of these when we give ourselves too many responsibilities, you know the things you thought you wanted as a teenager you'd say 'I can't wait until I can make my own decisions', not so great eh? But with it also comes choices, removing responsibilities as well.  Making life be what you want it to me.  Yes, as adults we do have specific responsibilities for sure but we can choose how much we want?  Do we want the responsibility for paying for more than one or two cars?  Do we really need that picture perfect house to be happy?  Do I really need that expensive dress and shoes to have fun at the party or wedding?  Yep we have choices.

Well onto the real world stuff, yuck!  Had my blood tests yesterday.  Taking an extra week off has helped my platelets a lot, they have increased 75 points which is almost doubling.  It seems that I am having some liver issues and that coincides with my tumour fever.  My fever showed up very low last night, but it may have been doing that for the last month and I haven't know it.  Not until I really felt sick did I take my temperature this week, silly me! 

This is my barn/workshop that is coming down.
Many things were built in there, a pirate ship,
wagons, wheel barrows etc. etc.
So chemo tomorrow is a go as far as I know. Work in the backyard still progresses but never as fast as we want it to be.  Hopefully today will be another productive day.  Oh and I have a new treat for myself.  My daughter mentioned natural root beer the other day, yum, yum, yum.  So now I get to have a room temperature natural root beer now and then, oh my gosh it's heaven!!!!!  Really, heaven!

Have a terrific day filling your hourglass with activities and memories that will make up the quilt of your life and remind yourself now and then how wonderfully full it already is. 

signed 'one' root beer flavored purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.