Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 434 - 'one' thin branch

would be very hard to balance yourself on.  But as lucky as I am I have a whole tree of strong, never bending, never breaking limbs that represent my family and friends.  Over the last year I have learned very quickly who is here to support me, encourage me and cheer me on.  I have also learned who can only think of themselves, use my illness to gain sympathy and those who don't even want to be around me because of the decisions I have made.

When you get sick you start to build this enormous trust and dependence in those strong branches.  You even find out that no matter how many things you ask them to do for you that they want to do more...

I have let the thin, bendy branches fall away from my tree or perhaps you could say that I have trimmed my tree over the last year of those wimpy branches that are too busy or too self involved to reach out.  Yep I've done some major trimming over the year.  What am I left with?

The strongest tree that you have ever seen.  It will not bend, it will not break and its branches will wrap completely around me when I need it. When I talk to my tree it listens, when I need to cry it absorbs my tears, when I need strength it holds me up and when everything is overwhelming it stands beside me waiting to catch me if I fall. 

How is your tree? Is it full of thick strong branches or bendy wimpy ones?  Perhaps its time to do some trimming or maybe give it a boost of water to ensure it stays strong. 

signed 'one' purple ladybug standing the shadow of a very strong tree

2 comments:

  1. Very, very, powerful words expressed in a way only you can. Forever, The Bears

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Big Bear or should I say...one of my branches.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.