Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 430 - 'one' challenge a day

And the tent comes down...
It's been a difficult week.  A week of just struggling to get up, especially the last few days. Chemo treatment started out well but after I removed my gizmo it was unfortunately all downhill from there. 

Men at work!
There have been days again where it takes everything I have to pull myself up to walk and there have been days that staying horizontal has been my only choice...
  Does it get me down? Of course it does but I do like to think that tomorrow will be better and it usually is.  Every day I try to challenge myself to do more laps around the house, eat more, and drink more.  They may sound like little accomplishments to you but for me they are BIG.  I must keep myself hydrated to deal with the vomiting and to make sure I push my system to continually fight, fight and fight.

There's my new back patio!
I haven't been outside to work on my yard yet but it's wonderful to stand at the window and think of all the possibilities and how amazing it looks.

This week I will make an appointment with my dr. to discuss the side effects I'm having and whether the current chemo recipe is causing more harm than good. 

Yeah...what a project this was!
So onward I trudge through pills, tests, and appointments and we will see what the rest of the week brings.  For today I will eat more and nap less.  Enjoy the beautiful sunshine above and your challenge for the day.  Sheesh it's hard to type with numb fingers! LOL

signed 'one' sleepy purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. Thinkin' 'bout you all the time. Stay strong and focused. May sound like a cliche but, let us know if there's anything we can do anytime, Right? Right! (I learned that from someone I care for very much).
    Yard looks wonderful, Keep on keepin' on.
    Hugs from the Bears.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.