Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 426 - 'one' season to another

Movie stars? Yep!
Well it's been an odd couple days.  Things feel very unsettled.  The weather, life, relationships, and various projects.  I know that the first few days after chemo are usually that way.  I just don't know what to do with myself at times.  But onward we trudge through dr.'s, tests, questions, phone calls, needles, and trying to keep a positive outlook on things. 

It's interesting watching the change of seasons...
  We are going from a very odd summer into fall now.  The sky becomes a grey mass of ocean that keeps you in suspense of whether it will spew rain today or not.  Similar to cancer, you watch as things change and it keeps you in suspense as to what will be next.  Yesterday I had some chest pain that was concerning but thank goodness it was nothing to be worried about.  But it was different and it makes you wonder what is next like the changing of the seasons.

Old man figuring out BIG instructions
for new shed.
So as with the seasons, we wait, we wait to see what the next tests will reveal. I go in today to get more blood tests to see if I need a blood transfusion next week.  I've had this before so no big deal.  We even get to go to the new Jimmy Patteson pavillion if I need the transfusion, wooooo  ;-) I get to go to 'Jimmy's Place' LOL

I think today I shall pull out my woodburning and make the shift to doing some inside projects.  I was reminded the other day that it was only a couple weeks ago that we came home from the camping trip with the grandkids, it seems sooooo much longer than that.  I think I'm still going through grandkid withdrawals though. What amazing memories were made. 

So now I look forward to Halloween.  I will be distributing some of my Halloween display stuff to my kids to ensure it gets used over the next few years.  I don't want to see it sit in the sheds because I plan on visiting them on Halloween and see all the glory of kids in their costumes and the joy of gathering loads & loads of goodies!  I won't be putting it out in my yard for sure as Ray is working on Halloween this year and I would rather be enjoying my grandkids excitement.  Moving the sunken pirate ship may be a bit of challenge but we will figure out a way, if there's a will there is a way!

There I go, planning gets me thinking about other things, so planning I will do.  I plan to treat myself well, distribute lots of hugs, not to worry about things I cannot change, only think about what I can do today and show others that it is possible to live with not knowing about your future and still enjoy the present, this day and this moment. 

signed 'one' purple ladybug watching the changing of the seasons

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.