Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 431 - 'one' getting powered up

As you noticed there has been a slight gap in my blog for the last few days but when you can't even find the energy to sit at a computer and type...let's say it sucks!  But as I said I think that each day will get better and this morning definitely is.  To wake up with almost full brain power and my body not far behind feels amazing.  I am so lucky that I actually get the chance to feel better for a few days...

There are some people with disabilities that never feel better.  They always feel exhausted, drained and tired, I can't imagine.  But there is a down side to feeling better periodically as well.  If I stayed at a certain level all the time then I would adjust my life to it but since I know eventually I will feel better even for just a few days I just wait until that day arrives and wait and wait.  So instead of adjusting my life so I can do a few things I just wait.  Actually for a few days I really have no choice but wait, when walking is difficult. 

It's interesting though.  It's not just my body that is effected it's my brain as well.  I don't realize it until the fog clears from my brain, like it started doing this morning and I begin to plan what I will do for the day.  I especially notice it when we play cards, I don't think it's fair for Sir Raymond to take advantage of me when my brain is not in full function mode but I do think he enjoys winning so many card games in a row! LOL

Today I visit my oncologist.  I will spend the morning pulling together questions for Ray and I to ask.  It's great that I could get to see her so fast, I just called yesterday.  I know that people say that our health system is limping along but once you are diagnosed in BC you are treated like royalty.  Not once have I waited for tests, CT scans, dr. appts, surgeries...it's amazing.  We will talk about the side effects that I am feeling right now and perhaps managing my pain better.

I will keep the television off this morning so that I may keep my brain focused and concentrate on the important questions that I need to ask. 

May your day be filled with warm smiles, honest 'how are you doing's' and sincere 'it's great to see you's'! 

signed 'one' getting powered up purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.