Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 427 - 'one' more change

Building the steps to the new shed.
Today will be a day of change, not big change but removing a building that I have used for 10 years to create many things.  A pirate ship, wooden buck wagons, wooden garden wagons, a general store front, a city hall front and even the engine for a train.  I will now do smaller projects but I will have an area of my back yard to wander in the mornings...
 and enjoy a cup of tea.  I can look forward to making little groupings of creative things, beautiful plants and flowers and a fountain is ready to go. 

The mess...
Yep my creativity never disappears as long as I adjust them to what my body can handle.  My brain, well it will take on anything but my body makes the final decision now.  The process for taking down all the things I put in my backyard for the last 10 years as been long and hard, Ray can vouch for that.  We now have a system where we work for about 30 minutes and then sit together and yak for about 15.  It makes it doable and we get some one-on-one time as well. 

Things taking shape.
As most projects go it has taken longer than we thought, pulling out all the nursery plants, removing the dirt, the boxes, leveling the ground, building the new shed and brick walkway to go into the shed, removing all items and finding homes for everything that was in a 10 X 20 foot area, creating the new potting area including new fencing, removing all our landscaping equipment from the greenhouse, and putting my baby lavender back into the greenhouse.  Yep it's been a long haul.  I asked Ray yesterday if he thought it was possible when we first started, he said no but now when the final steps are coming about he is excited to see the results.  Me too.

A greenhouse being used as a
greenhouse, imagine that!
You see life isn't about what you can get done fast and now.  Life is about drudging through the hard stuff one moment or day at a time.  Yes some days it feels like you're getting no where and then all of a sudden all those little things you did come together and shock the 'beep' out of ya.  It's like when you daughter comes to you all grown and with little one's of their own and they say things like 'remember when we used to...'  Yep they remember.  Things may not always go the way we want them but things turn out better when we give it our all.  No regrets just give it your best!  Now that sounds corny LOL

Have a terrific day and think of what mountains you will be removing today to see clearer to your future.

signed 'one' excited purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. Change, Perseverance, Focus, Dedication, Confidence, all the things I admire. You are an inspiration, always. I am very fortunate to have you close again. Hugs, Papa Bear

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.