Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 423 - 'one' temperature you can't ignore

My guy looks terrific in purple!
It's been a busy day.  Chemo first this morning, home for a late lunch, out in the back yard a couple times to keep things moving along.

When we arrived at the clinic for my treatment unfortunately my blood tests had not arrived so they were searching for that.  Also Ray had even suggested I put my blood test results in my blue binder that I take with me to the clinic and I forgot, poop.  Then I started to tell them about my fever all week and my quick visit to the Ladner emergency room...
  This started the 'we must talk to the dr.' procedure. So while they were rushing around trying to get my blood tests and find my dr. Ray was quickly pulling the blood test results up on his phone to show them the levels they needed to see, there was a flurry of activity around me and all for me.  I felt very lucky to have 3 people trying to get me what I needed.

My walking crew! What a great day.
It all came together, the blood tests finally arrived but they had confirmed that my levels were ok by looking at the results on Ray's phone.  The dr. had called and said everything was ok for chemo today but she is going to get me to get blood tests done again on Thursday.  If my levels don't improve she will give me a blood transfusion to try and combat the anemia I have, hmmmm this is new.


Some special time for
Scott and Claire.

Also they told me if my fever goes away with my treatment it means that the fever is from my disease and not from an infection or ?  I'm not sure yet if that good news or not but I do know you might be able to get rid of an infection but then again it can also be very serious.  I have another dr. appt in 3 weeks or possibly earlier if things develop.


ahhh friends...

Otherwise a busy but as usual informative treatment day.  They gave me a little and I mean a little lecture about calling the oncologist when my temp gets over 38.5.  I did quite a few times this week but I still waited another hour before I called because it always seem to peak and then go down.  But they still want us to call if it goes over 38.5 just to keep an eye on me.  So far today my temp has been really good.  We had both our thermometers checked while they were there just to make sure they weren't reading high, rats they weren't.

An update you have, I will soon get back working on my special project but I want to get my backyard finished and spending time with my hubby while he is on holidays is important to me.  Onward and upward...

signed 'one' tired purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.