Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting in touch with the inner Diva?

I never considered myself a Diva.  A drama queen maybe, but NOT a Diva.  But now...boy am I becoming 'one' special Diva.  Honey, can you get me this? Honey, can you get me that? Water please ;-) I need a snack.  Although I'm thinking that being a Diva means you look pretty special.  Well I guess I look special in my fleecy moo moo, white gloves, fluffy slippers and blonde/grey spikey hair. 

So what is a Diva?...
 The internet says...it describes a woman of outstanding talent in the world of opera. Opera, where did that come from? I guess I raise my voice so the neighbourhood can hear once and awhile.  Outstanding talent? Well I guess I'm outstanding at whining! LOL

Kidding aside, I hope that everyone gets the chance once and awhile to get in touch with their inner Diva.  Whether it be a slice of yummy cheesecake, a dress that fits just right,  or a warm and cozy housecoat that feels like it was made just for you [;-)]. Believe me you DESERVE it and more. 

As I learn to reveal the Diva inside me, I also learn that its not against the rules to need help here and there and over there and there and there.  Whereas before I saw it as a sign of weakness, I now know it takes more for me to ask for help than doing it myself. Then again, if I don't ask my wonderful family for help, they won't know how much I need them.  Yep I need them, adore them, love them and respect them more than I can say in words.  My family brings out 'one' special Diva in me!

2 comments:

  1. And all of your family needs you. You have their Love, Respect and Adoration. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us help you even when you don't wanna be a diva!! ;) It helps us too.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.