Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The grass gets greener when you take it out of the bathtub!

Its not the kind of grass you're think'n of!!! Its Wheatgrass.

I think we've finally figured out the right formula for making me this superfood.  Why would I want to eat grass?  Its loaded with natural vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and enzymes which feed your cells and help get rid your body of toxins! Boy was that made for me or what!

All I needed was...
 $30 worth of wheat seed from Saskatchewan and a $35 grinder and I was in business. I already had the flats and peat moss for growing.  My first few batches looked great but they were terribly strong.  I just now shivered again thinking about drinking that stuff.  It was sooooo strong. Yet another shiver.

Since then I start my seeds in a homemade sprout bag and then put them in flats.  Within a week I have a wonderful flat of grass ready for cutting.  Ray is now the official grinder though.  I still gag at the smell when its being made but I MUST drink this stuff.  If this is worst thing I have to, its not that bad.  All I have to do is drink about 2 to 4 ounces a day.  Doesn't sound like much does it? Stop by sometime and I will give you some for your opinion. =0) Ray has even tried it. 

I figured it out...that it costs me about $1.00 at most per flat and we can make 4 to 5 days worth out of that.  Cheap, cheap for such wonderful stuff.

So if you visit me and find a couple flats of dirt with rooted seeds in the bathtub you will understand.  I'm not sure if the neighbours understand the flats in the front window though. 

The best part is that I get to do some gardening in the winter.  Yum, Yum, wheatgrass! The new superfood to fix 'one' old ladies body!!!

I've put a terrific recipe for old fashioned ginger snaps on the 'in the kitchen' tab.  These are sooooo soft and yummy.  Ray said he doesn't like ginger snaps but he LOVES these. 

I also put up a recipe for the best pest'o' ever.  This stuff is great, just add some noodles and you are done.  YUMMY, YUMMY. 


signed 'one' purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. I loved the title of this one. I never would been able to figure out what you were getting at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you SMOKE that grass? It might taste better!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.