Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, November 12, 2010

'One' good day!


Did I say good day...no I mean GOOOOOD day! Its hard to believe that with colon cancer you can have amazing days but today was 'one' of them for sure.

This 'one' will be hard to keep short.  Today was the first day of my 4th chemotherapy treatment.  The anticipation of the 3 to 4 hour IV and the process of beginning the pill taking, worrying about the first 24 hours and being rushed to the hospital for the allergic reaction gets me a LITTLE moody. Poor Ray ;-)

Before it all begins at the clinic you talk to your chemo nurse about how your levels are doing to ensure you can continue with your treatment...


Last cycle my white blood count levels were extremely low, so low that any lower and I could not get my treatment.  Well today my count levels were really good and she said it again REALLY good! Woohoo - my first 'one' for the day.

Then instead of 3 to 4 hours my treatment only took just over 2 hours. Woohoo - another good thing. Although Ray and I love driving the chemo nurses a little crazy while we are there.

Next we arrived home with me in super hyper mood...poor Ray again, and low and behold a letter had arrived from Great Worst =) Life.  We opened every other thing we received in the mail first thinking it was NOT good news.  Well it was amazing news, they will continue to cover my chemo pills as long as I need them.  A stress relief like no other, OK maybe there could be one another that would be a LITTLE better!

I can honestly say I feel physically healthier than I have for a LONG time.  Whatever I'm doing is creating a energy inside me that is hard to explain. 

Oh and then Ray took me to the first Christmas Craft sale of the year - my hubby is my HERO...not too mention my amazing daughters, grandkids, son-in-laws, family and friends.  The support and love I feel from each one of you brings me strength beyond my own.  Thank you for being here, there and everywhere.

I only wish you an amazing 'one' in your day and I'm sending out BIG HUGS and a tear.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your blog. I am extremely happy you are feeling well and grateful to be able to call myself your friend. I am very proud of the way you are dealing with this bump in the road. :) So many others would shrivel and give up. You are an inspiration.

    Love Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki - you are such an AMAZING woman. You just astonish me with all the ideas you come up with. This blog is great!!!! I have tears in my eyes -- you do have the power within.

    Love,
    Your friend Ursula

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.