Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Let the clouds disappear and the sun shine! Hallelujah

Oh my gosh...how sweet it is.  To have my brain starting to work again, my energy back and the nausea subsiding.  Woohoo.  But there is one side effect I must let the world know about.  This is a side effect that rarely is written about in books, they give you no idea of how extreme it will be or what you can do about it.

Ray is repulsed by it...
 Dudley is shocked by it...and me, well I'm just wondering if it will ever end.  Its so repulsive that I really debated putting it on my blog.  But the world must know! Nothing will be hidden here.  It's shocking, so if you don't like to be shocked exit the blog right now before I completely change your opinion of me. You will never look at me the same.  Yes, I am full of flaws and this confirms it.

It's something that most ladies don't even admit they do.  Some people say that women don't do it at all. Can you guess? It is so extreme...picture something happening in your life every 5 minutes that repulses most of the population.  It is difficult to go out in public, you have a hard time inviting people over and then to sit in a mindful meditation class where everyone is supposed to be quiet and believe me its quiet.

I'm sure you have figured it out by now...extreme neverending GAS! Soooo gross.  Yep every few minutes of every waking hour.  Its crazy. If you try to hold it in, you feel like you are going to explode. How is it possible that they don't give you drugs to help you with this side effect.  Maybe my brothers can help me with some home remedies but BROTHER there ain't nothing like this. 

Ray says he is definately going to talk to my oncologist about this side effect, imagine that conversation.  Who will be sitting there with a straight face not me, Ray or the oncologist for sure.  And then lets see when I go in for my next chemo treatment...the nurse asks, how are your side effects.  I reveal my problem and low and behold the entire pod of patients run out of the room.

As you can see my sense of humour is still in tact.  I sure hope I didn't shock you or gross you out, well that's a lie! I hope I did.  We must have 'one' sense of humour during these fun times...poor Ray and Dudley. So much for the OZONE layer. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. It's always funny no matter who does it! The funniest is young kids and old folk. I used to wonder some times about manners with the old folks, I now have a better understanding.I would love to record peoples reactions to "it" over time. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.