Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nausea Smausea!

As my 'off meds' week quickly ticks away I'm still trying to figure out how to conquer the nausea I feel when taking my chemo pills.  On my off week I feel sooooo normal, if that's possible, that it reminds me of how I need to find the right remedy for my nausea. 

Nausea affects me more than I realize sometimes.  It's possibly that the feeling that you are about to...
should I say it? Yep PUKE!  That feeling of non-control is really crappy.  Wow I'm using great language today ain't I? =0) The first 2 weeks of my last session was the worst for the nausea, I may have to break down and take some pillys.  Yuck again.  Somehow taking the pill means I have failed, given in and need to depend on something else but myself to find the solution.  I am still determined to find a 'natural' solution but do realize that I also want to function.  Especially as I start working on Christmas presents, so much fun!!!

I can't believe sometimes how much cooking I do.  Some days I'm 2 to 3 hours at least in the kitchen.  I'm really enjoying it though.  Strangely enough my food has more taste now than it ever has, even though I'm avoiding sugar and all the other 'white' stuff that's not good for you.  One thing they say is that if you want to
 change someone you need to change yourself first and the rest will naturally happen.  I never thought I would see my hubby Ray eating brown rice and raw brownies or at least trying things before he goes...'its not my thing', but eating my good food he is. 



I could be enjoying the kitchen more because I have given in to buying some gadgets with my allowance, yep we give each other a hobby allowance.  Lets see...in the last couple weeks I've bought a ceramic coated cast iron pot, rice cooker, madoline slicer, rasper, new peeler, bamboo cutting boards, and a couple sharp knives.  At least that's all I can think of.  We go grocery shopping every 3 to 4 days, picking up fresh fruit and vegys and for the first time in my life rarely doesn't anything go bad in the fully packed fridge.  Strange.  Speaking of strange not once during our hundreds of grocery shopping ventures does my hubby complain about the search for ingredients or the cost.  Although he does complain about the silly traffic around here, that I am sure will never change until we move.  Its all soooo much fun. This from a girl that still sets off that wonderful fire alarm once and awhile. 

Well I must finish this blog as my oven is ready for the salted toffee I'm working on.  Yep, salted toffee! I won't be having any of it but I want to bring my oncologist and chemo nurses some this week because it may be the last time I see them before Christmas.  They talked about giving me a couple extra weeks off during Christmas so that means after my next chemo session this Friday there won't be another one till the new year.  No puking Turkey for me!!!  LOL. 

I will post the recipe for the toffee shortly and I also will be adding a great recipe for brown rice vegy stir fry that cooks up in 9 minutes.  Stay tuned.

Signed 'one' purple ladybug that is determined NOT to be overcome with nauseousness over the next couple weeks. 

New Recipes in the 'In the Kitchen' tab.
Salted Toffee Recipe
Brown Rice Veggie Stir Fry

1 comment:

  1. Those salted toffee squares are amazing, Vicky! Mariam made up a batch for something yesterday and Dan and I were delighted to enjoy some extras aside our tea as we gamed and yakked with James and Cindy into the wee hours of this morning...thanks for sharing ;o) Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.