Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

You gotta laugh, really ya gotta!

Today was a busy day.  We spent a couple hours at the hospital getting my blood tests done and seeing my oncologist.  When we came home we decided it was time to have some fun and we did. 

Since everyone seems to be getting into the Christmas spirit, here are the results of our 'get crazy' time...I hope you enjoy singing it as much as we enjoyed creating it.





One the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

    • 12 barf buckets,
    • 11 immodium pills,
    • 10 boxes of crackers,
    • 9 soothing enemas,
    • 8  bottles of sanitizer,
    • 7 kinds of handcream,
    • 6 bottles of beano,
    • 5 special brownies,
    • 4 pairs of gloves,
    • 3 nausea pills,
    • 2 ounces of wheatgrass and
    • a comb with only 2 teeth.
I hope it at least made you smile, we were cracking up for an hour.  FYI - I must clarify that I'm not eating the 'special brownies' right now...at least not yet!

The appointment with my oncologist today went well.  My CEA markers are still coming down which is good and I get to skip 'one' chemo treatment during the holidays so I can enjoy every moment and I intend to do just that. 

signed 'one' purple ladybug with a special song stuck in her head. =0)

2 comments:

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.