Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 293 - 'one' pain after another

see the train on the right hand side. 
can't wait to fill all the bare garden spaces with lavender!
yep...I'm getting tired of this.  My sore back that is.  whine, whine, whine...I know, I know.  But it's keeping me from doing the stuff I love and it's giving me brain thinking time and that's dangerous! Mind you a friend mentioned the other day that she has a sore back also and has been trying not to use it and a light bulb when off.  Imagine that, trying not to bend so you give a chance to heal...
 I may have stopped hammering but I didn't stop bending at the waist.  Thank goodness for friends with brains...seems to be helping.  Mind you when I hear my back crack when I get up from a sitting position I feel very old! LOL.  Now my knees and my back cracks, I'm going to get hit by the noise bylaw cops soon ;-)

the birdhouse that some silly
birdies have decided to build
their nest.  no babies yet!
Still no news about my Port being installed or my training.  We will phone tomorrow to make sure they still have me on the list and I haven't been lost.  woohoo

My blood test results arrived yesterday that I had done last week.  It sure seems longer than a week ago.  Everything looks bang on.  My white blood cells have recovered in 3 weeks at levels that are better than when I started chemo.  Ray says its probably the wheatgrass!  The only high level is my liver enzymes which are expected.  But it's so great to see my white blood cells bounce back so well.  woohoo.  I am still waiting to receive the results of my CEA marker, I'll let you know what that is when it arrives.

the messy corner that will have
2 more pieces of train and
the train station
Although my project sits abandoned and getting very wet in the rain, I'm at work in my brain planning the last two pieces of the train.  It's good to have time to plan then when everything is a 'go' it will come together very quickly.  Besides I need to get all my wood moved soon as our fire pit needs to be uncovered for nightly gatherings! There's nothing like gathering around a fire to wind down the day.

So each day I dream, wait, crochet, paint, read, clean and take care of my Dudley.  Exciting eh?  But that's ok, having some down time can be a blessing as well.  Time to re-focus and re-energize...sounds like a Retail BC conference I put on years ago...ahhh the good old days! LOL  Stay tuned for updates...

signed 'one' in limbo purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.