Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 300 - 'one' personal disease

Yep that's what cancer is.  When I started this blog I had hoped that it will help others, in which way I wasn't sure.  I've learned over the last few months that it seems to help people in many different ways. Some people it helps them to keep informed about my progress and treatment, others it shows them what protocols I am using so they can compare it with theirs, others they find it just interesting to read.  But for me it has also helped me personally in many ways. 

There are times I think about stopping it because it opens the door to criticism from others as to how I am handling things and negativity is NOT something I need to have brought into my brain I do enough of that myself ;-)...
  There are days I am so glad I started it, as people fill me with hope and understanding and show how much they care.  Today is a day that I am glad I have it so I can communicate and educate people about how personal 'C' is to every individual who has it. 

It's not a disease that you can say this will work and this won't.  Although with some cancers if you follow a specific protocol a cure is probable in your future.  When a person gets 'C' it is a very personal thing.  You have to make decisions that are not only specific to your disease by your lifestyle and your personal beliefs as well.  For people to make the statement that this or that has worked for others, or this is how they responded to that treatment is just not fair to the individual. It's a blanketing statement and does not treat each person unique with different symptoms, different 'C's, and different reactions and different beliefs.

No one can predict how they will act or react to each treatment, procedure or protocol that is given to them.  All you can hope is that the people around you are there to support your decisions, your wishes and your choices on moving forward. 

So please don't put us all in a box with a label that says this is how you are supposed to act or react. Please don't compare us to each other.  Treat each of us with an open mind and heart and understand that what we are experiencing is something unique, as each of us is and so are you, so is 'C'...'one' personal disease.

signed 'one' just needed to get it said, purple ladybug


3 comments:

  1. No matter what anyone says, you shouldn't have to answer or defend yourself for any choice you make. Today I pray for you the sensitivity that you deserve; that others will respect you and your fight and guard their words along with your heart.

    Besides, until they've walked a mile in your crocs (yes, I said it! LOL), no one can say what choices they would make.

    I do know that you are the strongest, most amazing woman I have ever known. You inspire me to do things that I never thought possible.

    Love you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. There is way more to life than "right" or "wrong" Big Bro Bear Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.