Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 310 - 'one' word isn't enough

to describe the last few days.  Ever since the wonderful new chemo juice started pumping into my body it has knocked me for a loop.  Sometimes you just have to succumb to what the body requires.  And for the last few days all it has wanted to do is sleep, sleep and more sleep. 

Ray and I went to the training for removing my pump on Wednesday and everything was going pretty good.  My nausea was taking hold though, the bucket had to be close at all times.  I even showed up at the hospital for training in my slippers...
 That's how distracted I was when I left.  They upped my nausea meds and then the pain decided to show its ugly head.  Silly stuff!

Thursday we went to my regular GP to get a prescription renewed and couple things looked at.  We decided we would get an ultrasound done in my pelvic area to see if my back pain is related to something else going on and she suggested a different medication route to deal with it. 

Also on Thursday we got a surprise when my VISA bill arrived.  At least I think it was Thursday.  My bill showed over $2400 in euro dollars spent at a place called CNIS.  How is it that over a week the VISA company did not notice how strange these transactions were?  Sure we have to phone them when we go out of town to ensure they don't cut us off with transactions from different areas but they don't have to do the same.  After a quick phone call to VISA and I couldn't believe the last thing they said to me was you 'may' or 'may not' be liable for the charges...yeah right!  I asked them why they didn't catch this and she said obviously there is something wrong with the system...yah think?  We are now waiting for my new card and an investigation into the charges.

By Friday we were on the phone to my oncologist, my stomach pain was escalating and we were concerned about getting through the long weekend as avoiding the hospital is on the forefront of our minds.  She prescribed some new meds for the pain.  I make sure that I just take enough to get the edge off and I can deal with the rest.

Next week I think we will be back to the oncologist.  My tummy is doing weird things and I'm not sure if its from the medication or something else rearing its silly head.  It feels good to be at the computer for a little bit and I'm sure it's all better from this point forward.

Well I guess you could say the new chemo recipe is working...it's definitely doing something that's for sure.  If I have to learn how to just let my body do what it needs to then that's is what I'll do! Of course I don't have much choice in the matter either!

signed 'one' sleepy purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. Get Ray to give Visa a kick in the Arse and forget about it all and relax! relax! relax! Nothin's more important than lettin' the stuff do it's stuff. There, don't that feel better? Wish it could be that easy, wish I could take some for ya, kick it's butt, and send it packin'. Fight hard, we're ridin' shotgun....The Three Bears

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mom,
    Chemo must be kickin' cancer's arse because it is sure kickin' yours, right??? It's only fair. Man I hate not being able to do much to make it easier on you. Rest and fight that cancer...lean on us, please? love you!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.