Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 304 - 'one' extra appendage

Doing some reading in my favorite place...I was out there
until midnight last night.  Won't be doing that anymore
with the cold air...
Yep that's what I have for just a couple days every 2 weeks.  It even has a male name...Baxter! There are days as a woman that I have stated 'I wish I was a man' but I can truthfully say that having something dangling between your legs and getting in the way of your thighs can be an issue! ;-)

I hope that made you laugh because it sure made the chemo nurse...
 chuckle!  I have this belt around my waist where there is a little canvas bag that can be moved anywhere around your that belt.  Let's see...do I prefer a tail...nope, a hip that is huge on one side or something bulking between my legs on the front.  Well of three evils I choose the wide hip ;-). 

Everything went really well today.  I can say that chemo session number 10 was the best ever! Crazy I know but for some reason I wasn't stressed or worried about getting the new recipe and equipment.  Inside the canvas bag is something that looks like a baby bottle with a little balloon in the centre.  I have a temperature gauge taped to my chest that when my body reaches a specific temperature the gizmo opens and I get my chemo medicine from the bottle.  Crazy eh?  The nurse that tended to me today is the one of the smart ladies that invented the process of being able to take the pump out yourself.  We had a lot of fun.

It's kinda funny as you crack jokes while you are there you are not quite sure that they enjoy them or not.  But today it dawned on me that they are concentrating on their job so much that its hard for them to take a moment and laugh.  By the end of my 4 hour session today the nurse sat directly in front of me really close and said she really enjoyed my time there and that I made her day.  She said that my attitude was amazing and I had made her laugh.  Well that made my day for sure.   

So on Wednesday I get more lessons on how to remove the pump from my chest, it was great not to have an IV today, just one little push on my chest and it was ready to go for my 8 bags of IV.  I looked up one time and counted 5 bags at one time.  No wonder I need to pee so much! LOL

So that's the short version of my day.  I MUST stay away from cold bursts of air and food...no more ice cream for me, sadness =0(.  And now for the two days of no sleep! Perhaps its time to get some more important reading done.  I hope you took the time to try and make someone smile today, if not someone else, smile for yourself will ya?

signed 'one' confused purple ladybug with an extra appendage!


2 comments:

  1. Well I think I made the baby smile a few times, does that count? ;)

    Your attitude is amazing and I love how you so naturally put everyone around you at ease. Even when it is you who should be receiving the comfort, you *still* put others first! I know you can't help it that you are so wonderful. :D

    I'll keep praying for that peace from God to settle on you and keep away the stress.
    Reminds me of a Sunday School song that goes, "be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord Your God is with you wherever you go" (even to chemo, right?)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You leave an "impression' everywhere you go! I truly wish I could spend some time with you on your sleepless nights to help pass the time, but know it's best to let you rest as best you can. You are in my thoughts and that makes me smile, always. Stay strong, smile, and laugh too much. Nothin' better for the soul. Bro' Bear

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.