Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 315 - 'one' tell it all photo

no...I'm not giving away Dudley!
I was just loading in some photos I took for some more goodies I'm giving away on craigslist and noticed a few 'other' photos that I hadn't seen yet.  These photos show a couple interesting things from my last chemo session.

One of the many things that I want to accomplish with my blog is honesty.  What things are REALLY like for me...
  Yeah, you already know it's not all chocolate and roses but when I found these pictures it definitely reminds me of the not to distant past.

My baby bottle every two weeks
Maybe it's not that interesting to most but for those who are fighting this wonderful disease they more you know about 'stuff' I find the better I feel.  I talked about the 'baby bottle' that holds my chemo juice now.  This is attached to my 'cathy' in my chest and pumps in over 46 hours.  It's actually not heavy just bulky to have around your waist day and night.

I also mentioned how all I did was sleep, sleep, sleep for days and this photo shows exactly that...exciting eh? You can see my handy ice cream bucket just peeking into the left hand side of the picture.

can we say...crashed? I wonder if
I was snoring with my mouth open
like that? Well the neighbours
didn't complain. LOL
I called the nurses line today to confirm that I will be getting MORE or different nausea medicine for the next chemo session.  They called back to confirm that now they will be giving my nausea medicine before my chemo by IV! woohoo.  This should help a lot.  Usually I just took '3' little pills right before being connected up and then a couple each morning and night. Believe me, that was not enough. 

So I'm hopeful for the next session which is bright and early Monday morning. My new routine will start becoming that, routine.  As they work out the hiccups I know I will feel better.  If I loose 10 lbs every 2 weeks that would not be a good thing for sure.  Perhaps that's why I packed on my weight so fast and easy the last year...there is always a reason for things.

This weekend I will spend feeling great about everything...life, family and friends.  Next week I will still feel great about those things but my body will probably be telling me something too...rest you nitwit, REST! lol

signed 'one' loving the snippets of sun purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.