Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 291 - 'one' awesome book

yep that's what I started today.  My daughter gave me a book called 'A Book of Awesome'...it's little stories about the wonderful things in our lives that can change your day.  Like when you are in a long lineup at the grocery store and another lane opens and you are the next in line...
  Like not being able to sleep and turning your pillow over to find it soft and warm and snugly. 

So I decided that throughout the day I too will write down those things that make me smile.  Like the cuts of grass sitting on my living room floor, it means my hubby made me wheat grass juice, that makes me smile because he goes to all that trouble to help me.  Listening to my doggy snore next to me on my desk.  So cute.  It's all those things that can give me a permanent smile on my face and it's those things that really matter.  Writing them down will give me something to look at when I'm down and also reminds me of ALL the wonderful things in my life and this shall fill a whole book I'm sure! ;-)

My back is still giving me much grief.  But I'm trying to be a good girl and not work on building this week so it can recover.  It seems like it starts feeling better and then I do some hammering and it's worse than it was before.  It's all about balance and I need to find that for sure.  I will still work on painting a big bookcase for my craft room and a few other things but holding a hammer is not in my plans for the next few days anyways.

No news on my Port-a-cath installation.  Sheesh 'installation' sounds like something you put in a car not in a person's body.  My strength still continues to grow each day and besides my back pain I feel very 'normal'...hey no snide comments about me being 'never normal' ya hear?

I am reading my meditation book again as I deal with my back pain it reminds me that I need to practice mind control over pain just to be prepared if I ever need it.  It even works when I get needles to help me keep my brain focused on breathing and other things and not on some slight discomfort. 

It's always been a struggle for me to have patience.  I have needed to control and think that I must make things happen.  As I let each day bring what it may it brings an inner peace that everything is good as it is today.  There are many things that I would like to do yet and if they are meant to be they shall too come about.  It still amazes me how meeting one person can change portions of your life...meeting our photographer, Lisa has done that.  She is a talented and BIG hearted person that puts all she has into everything she does.  She has asked me to do a special project with her and I am honoured to help her.  If all goes well it will be amazing and that just doesn't seem like a BIG enough word to describe it.  Thanks Lisa!

So as I plod through each day I thank those actually in control for this day, my family, my home, my dudley, my friends and so much more.  Because no matter how much we think we are in control, stopping and smelling the roses reminds us of who really is! Have a terrific day and I hope you find an 'awesome' thing or two amidst the busy moments.

signed 'one' blessed purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. I just read this Victoria, after holding back the tears today they finally had a chance to spill. Once we both get over how much were so honoured to be apart of each others adventures were going to do something amazing! Although you have already done that, i just hope I can do you justice XO
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.