Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 314 - 'one' strange feeling

I've had that this evening.  The brain is working differently and there's a weird sense of calm inside...and then there's the different voices I'm hearing! ;-)  Scared yet?  LOL Must be the morphine right?

It's been a busy day... 
We spent the morning getting our OLD boler trailer ready to sell.  Some bushes were trimmed to make room for the new spot for the other boler, the keeper that is.  I had an ultrasound for my tummy today and the guy kept asking what he was supposed to be looking for.  I told him all the wonderful areas that now contain lesions but for some reason he had much difficulty finding them...funny eh? do do do do...do do do do.  He should have found something for sure by how hard he was pressing on my poor tummy...sheesh I'm still sore. 

Our photographer friend came over to take some more candid shots.  She is working on a project titled 'A day in the life' of a person with...well you know.  Pictures of this, pictures of that.  It was cute to see her lying on my floor taking pictures of my wool blanket strips.  Now there's a photographer determined to get that 'perfect' shot.  On Monday she will come to my second chemo session.  It will definitely make for some giggles and laughter as people wonder what is going on. 

Tonight I sit and listen to the quiet.  I watch the wind tossing the emerging honeysuckle to and fro.  The calm is just weird, inside and out...just weird.  Yep there's a zit coming on my chin...can I blame the chemo, nope I blame the kit kat ;-)  I haven't had my wheat grass juice for over a week now. Everytime I think about scarfing a shot down I gag just little.  Tomorrow I say, tomorrow. 

So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.  I'm finding my mind and mind's don't keep. 

signed 'one' wierded purple ladybug




1 comment:

  1. nope you managed the wheatgrass...I was a witness!!! You always accomplish more than anyone expects, even yourself sometimes!!! :D

    I'll keep praying for peace Mom. It sounds like it is working!
    Love you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.