Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 302 - 'one' thick skull

that's what I have...one thick skull.  Yesterday I decided that I will try and go without my little 15mg T3's and by 4:00pm I was doubled over on the couch saying a few NOT nice words! I keep think'n I can go without them, I'm one-tough chick and then I seem to remind myself weekly that it is just NOT the case. 

I keep hearing the words 'quality of life' I heard so much when I was in the hospital, gotta love that one. ;-)  It's just finding that bridge between my body and my brain...
  There is definitely a disconnect sometimes or should I say most of the time! LOL

Me and my Dudley snoozing...who
snuck this picture?
Through much discussion and many different attempts through the years of living in this house we have tried to make our back patio more useable.  We've tried big tables, little tables, big chairs, small chairs, hammocks and much more.  Finally I think we've figured it out.  I love to be outside and when I'm not feeling that well I am restricted to just walking around the yard and staying put in the house.  We have purchased one of those outdoor sofa's.  We love it! Then we got Ray a Puang chair from Ikea and he love's it.  I spent all of Friday lying on the couch enjoying the sounds of the birds, the traffic LOL, and the wind rustling through the tree.  I watched the clouds and blue sky fight with one another for authority and we had a visit from a cranky crow.  I read, I slept, I read, I slept...etc, etc. It was a good day. 

Now I will slowly add a few things here and there and extend our living area outside like we've always wanted.  Imagine that, all it took was something comfortable ;-)

ewww - a spider on my neck! LOL
Monday is my new chemo routine and training day.  It will be a few hours at the "C" clinic.  They will check on my port to see that everything is ok.  I pulled off the bandages yesterday and it looks like I have a spider on my chest, scares me every time I catch a glance of it in the mirror.  Ray says the other area where my port is looks like I have a third ni_ _ ple, imagine that! ;-)

So for the next couple days I will try to keep my mind busy on other things get lots of rest to prepare my body for some new drugs and think about all my blessings every minute of every day and it's easy because I have sooooo many blessings in my life.


signed 'one' thick skulled purple ladybug

1 comment:

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.