Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 295 - 'one' move forward

yep...On Tuesday I get my Port-a-cath installed at Abbotsford Hospital.  Still sounds like car stuff, perhaps they will put me up on the hoist to get it done! LOL They do the training there too so that makes it easier than 2 appointments at different places.  Everything will go routinely I'm sure, a new learning curve for me, I hope I can remember everything they teach me.  Perhaps they will give me a print out especially for us old people to help us remember the important stuff!LOL

Yesterday was a busy day...
  Blood tests for my Port in the am, Lunch with our photographer for a new project we are working on, afternoon visit with my Mom and dinner with my daughter and her crew in the valley.  Sooo much fun!  We actually had time to stop at a thrift shop where I found some great wool for the slippers I want to make.  I've always wanted to have a basket of slippers at the door so that when people arrive to my sometimes chilly house they can put on some warm cosy slippers if they want to.  I dream of having this sign outside my farmhouse door.  "Come on in...the fire is burning and your warm and cozy slippers are waiting".  To me that means home! The first thing I did after our long day yesterday was light a fire in the fireplace...makes us feel relaxed and cozy.

I had a revelation this morning.  I know, I know, what now you ask?  You know I've always hated house cleaning and I've never figured out my aversion to it. I like it when it's all clean but I find it's so far down on my priority list only the minimum gets done.  I was writing little notes in my 'Life is Awesome' book this morning and realized that it makes me smile when I look at things that aren't perfect.  So why would I want to get rid of them. Like my Dudley's muddy footprints on the patio door, or his snawz [sp?] prints on the window or the wheat grass clippings on the floor.  Don't get me wrong, I do clean them but why would you want to get rid of something that makes you smile from the inside out.  Like the worn out marks on my kitchen chair from a booster seat that used to sit there when my kiddo's lived with me.  Why would I want to replace that or re-sand it?  It's imperfections bring great memories. 

These days i'ts the imperfections in life that make it an adventure.  I don't think a pile of lined up bricks looks interesting but put them in an odd formation and all of a sudden they're art!  Life is art...unpredictable, each person's is unique and when life takes you on an unexpected route...it's then that it becomes memorable or interesting.  So don't try to put too many of your ducks in a row, it will make you smile when they are running all over the place and quacking crazily!  Have a great day...I know that I will!

Oh yeah and my CEA marker results arrived in the mail and it actually went down just a decimal but it didn't go up! WOOHOO

signed 'one' purple ladybug that's beginning to appreciate her uniqueness!


2 comments:

  1. I love the ducky line, I could just picture them running all over. Made me smile.

    I began to appreciate my uniqueness a while back. I like me. It really doesn't matter what other people think. Some people get me. Some don't take the time to but they have millions of others to choose from. I'm fine with that.

    You and your ducky's are awesome!!!

    Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, It's way more fun to spend your life trying to catch the Duckies than it is to watch them all march in a row. I hope you or I NEVER catch them, not even for a while. It's tiring at times but I don't think in reality we could stand it for long without letting 'em all loose and start over. New adventures await next week, sounds like the "fast lane" to success!! Hugs from the Three Bears.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.