Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 312 - 'one' day wasted!

That's what I did...I decided yesterday that I was feeling so good that I would try and reduce my pain killers.  dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb...did I say 'dumb'?  Perhaps a more appropriate word is 'stupid'! ;-)  You know the rest of the story...

I just came in from walking my Dudley in the side yard, it's so pretty when things are starting to grow.  Mind you it's nearly the end of May and it's like March out there.  Ray fixed my bent and battered windmill yesterday and it's great to see it spinning around and around.  The wind storms we had during the winter did quite a job on it.  Robins are still pouncing around everywhere, usually by now you don't see much of them.  The chickadee's are still building their nest in the birdhouse on the porch.  I think once I hear babies in there I may block off the porch from people going up the stairs.  Ray keeps saying we should move it but I just can't.  It's sooooo neat to watch.  I'm worried they will have to start all over again if we move it.

Ray and I were talking last night about how do you know if the days you spend doing stuff you are doing the stuff you are supposed to do?  There are many times with this disease and dealing with dr's, tests and appointments you feel quite isolated.  Cut off from the 'normal' day to day things you forget are fun.  But for now this is what we need to do and do it we will. 

I hope the next few days I can wait on my old man a bit cause he's done so much for me over the last week.  A delivery of bread pudding was sooooo yummy on the weekend.  I haven't had a good bread pudding since I was a kid and I knew that Cindy could figure it out.  So the Clarks were introduced to their first servings and bread pudding and loved it of course...who wouldn't?

A week today I will be mid-chemo again, we are hoping to keep the barfing to a minimum this time.  Today I will try and put some real food on my tummy to gain some strength for the next round. 

I hope this day finds you trying something new and making fun plans for the summer.  Don't forget to make someone smile...especially YOU!

signed 'one' gaining strength purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.