Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DAy 306 - 'one' more trip

this week to the hospital.  Today I will get training in removing the pump from my 'Cathy'.  First I will get to try it on a guy named 'Chester' and then on myself, woohoo! 

Everything is working well.  The pump is pumping, my energy is lessening, my ice cream bucket for puking, my pills for taking and my hubby for slaving...
  Poor guy he was on his feet all day yesterday, he's become an amazing house husband.  He actually noticed that his feet were sore last night, I'm thinking he's looking forward to going to work on Friday LOL!

One thing he had to do yesterday was take a run to the grocery store.  Since I have been expelling a little stuff in the bucket we needed some applesauce, jello, watermelon and then he made me with wonderful concoction the hospital recommended.  I swear he should have been wearing an apron all day.

Other than that not too much exciting.  Naps, pills and anticipation that once the chemo juice has finished pumping into me that the barfing will subside, it better!!!!  Oh yeah and the unexpected side effect was when I start eating I get sharp pains up each side of my jaw...ouch!  Well now I'm sick of hearing me whin'n ;-)

Have a terrific day and enjoy this glorious sunshine that has finally arrived...woohoo!

signed 'one' nose in the bucket purple ladybug

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a pain in the jaw and a pain in the A** LOL The bright part of the day is the Sunshine and the "man" in your life who can do all the things you need him to do, apron and all. You are blessed in many ways. The barfing is temporary. It will stop, Your man and we won't! Keep smilin', get some sun! Love, Bro and the girls.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.