Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 297 - 'one controlling nut'

yep that's me!  I was doing some reading this morning during my 'me' time and I'm learning more and more how to help yourself when dealing with pain, frustration and challenges in your life.  One thing that sticks in my mind is that when you have issues in your life and you think you've lost control you've actually have the opportunity or challenge to have more control than you ever have.  It's when you can control how you react, feel and think about the situation you are in.

You see...trying to control others, impossible, trying to control the world...
 even more impossible but trying to control how you react, act and feel about the problems in your life, you can have complete control.  Yes, life can be frustrating, painful, disappointing but how you react to it all is the ultimate way to show you are 'one controlling nut'.

This all comes to mind as I have my port installed tomorrow.  As you know I've been a little nervous, I won't lie, but realizing that I need it to move forward, that any discomfort I feel is only temporary, that it will make chemo easier and that I will learn a lot gives me control over my mind and feelings.  Thinking this way for me helps me focus my nervous energy on looking forward and picturing tomorrow night when I am home and cuddled with my Dudley and perhaps enjoying a game of cards with my hubby.  Yep...I'm a controlling nut! ;-)

Mother's Day was SO much fun.  Gifts, bbq, phone calls and company were all wonderful.  My family lets me know regularly that I am loved and I hope I let them know as well.  I think as we all get older we openly show each other how much we care more and more.  When they were young it was about getting through the day and making sure they were safe, fed and warm.  Perhaps that's how we show them that we love them when they are little.  Now it's hugs, and 'I love you' at the end of every phone and visit.  It's now become a habit and an amazing one at that.  This is a habit I will NEVER try to get rid of!

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful and that today as life feels out of control you realize you have complete control in how you react.  Smile...you are in complete control! ;-)

signed 'one' trying to control my mind purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.