Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 322 - 'one' wonders...

why fear has such a large hold on our lives? Fear of the unexpected, fear of change, fear of loosing something and never getting it back, fear of trying something out of our comfort zone, fear of being wrong, fear of letting the emotional walls down and so much more.  We keep ourselves inside our own 'fear' jail on a daily basis. 

There are days that there is nothing I can do about what my body demands of me and that brings fear that I won't be able to pick myself up again.  But I do.  Yesterday was not a great day...
  The ice cream bucket was my pal again but this morning I feel better. Hopefully this time it will only be a day of fun and not '3' like last time.  We have a nice routine setup in the family room now.  I soft mattress on the floor, my mushy food buffet sits waiting for me in the kitchen when I need to munch and Dudley is my keeper ;-)  He guards my room away from flies, bees and then he attacks me when he needs some attention.  This is usually at 2am in the morning! LOL  He's soooo cute.

This weekend is the Push for the Tush walk.  The weather predictions look great.  Around 10 am we will gather and walk together at Jericho Beach, can't wait!  We will probably only do a km so everyone has lots of fun and its not too much for any of us.

For today and tomorrow I will continue to rest and build my strength back.  I want to start a new sewing project soon that I have in my brain but just can't get the motivation yet to start, perhaps tomorrow. 

Onward and upward we go...what fear is holding you back today?

signed 'one' purple ladybug a few pounds lighter ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.