Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 326 - 'one' long awaited trip

This morning I realized that I hadn't written about my trip to my field of lavender which I call Lavenderville. It has been a struggle over the last year to get my hinney in gear and go do some much needed work and maintenance on the lavender. 

I remember when we went up last year in June, you couldn't see the lavender at all.  But what you saw was an amazing field of white daisies...
 it was beautiful! We anticipated the grass being very long but woooooh there wasn't a lavender plant to be seen until you literally tripped over it.  When I got down and looked at the plants I was completely amazed at how healthy and happy they looked.  Green, full and growing happily. 

So like life...when you are feeling overwhelmed by the craziness that surrounds you.  When situations seem to be over your ability to cope, as long as you stay true to who you are and firmly planted in the ground.  You'll be OK.  Like my lavender.  Everything around it was unruly, overgrown, trying to force its way in but it stayed happy and content.  So do what you will crazy world, my feet are firmly planted in the ground and who I am.  I may adjust a few things here and there and you may try to get me down but it AIN'T gonna happen.  Nope it ain't!

So today think about those life values that you just won't compromise on and what you need to adjust to put up with the craziness around you.  Don't ever try to 'FIT' in because you need to appreciate you for who you are, as I do.  Thanks for being my steadfast roots!

signed 'one' standing tall and firmly planted purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. Oh Boy, Somewhat speechless, Excellent! Anyone who doesn't take the time to read this is missin' out. Priceless thoughts that will ring clear for me for a very long time. Thank You, Hugs, Papa Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom, I needed to hear that this week!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.