Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 320 'one' quiet time

that's what the last couple days have been.  Days filled with pill popping, resting and snacking, but no pails! woohoo.  Getting double the nausea medicine by IV before I get my chemo treatment is definately doing the trick. 

Today Ray and I will take out my chemo bottle and needle in my 'cathy' port.  We did it fine at the hospital a couple weeks ago, now lets see how well we remember the steps. It makes me a little nervous but they say it will get easier each time you do it...


We still haven't sold our boler.  It's funny what we think is so valuable to us is not necessarily valuable to others.  There is someone coming today that wants to turn it into a concession, of course that makes me jealous.  It was on the list of the many things I wanted to do with but I just didn't make it a priority.  Besides with change comes pain otherwise you wouldn't know if it was a significant one to do.

I go out in my side garden each morning with my Dudley now.  I sit and remove all the dead branches and leaves from my soon to be planted lavender. I listen to the birds tweeting all around me.  Its funny how a few months ago all I could hear was the traffic all around me but right now I just hear the birds and the traffic is just white noise in the background.

Photographer was over yesterday taking my post chemo pics.  Me flaked on the outside couch and pics of some of my inside sewing projects.  She was at the hospital on Monday as well to take pics of the actual session.  It was funny to watch her climb behind chairs to try and get some good distance shots.  When she asked the nurse if it was ok if she tooks pics of her giving me instructions the nurse looked down her shirt and pull it up and re-arranged her coat, it was hilarious!

All-in-all I'm doing much better this time.  My GP even phoned this AM to let me know that they didn't find anything on my ultrasound unusual to explain my back pain etc.  So that's great, no problem found so it's probably muscular and will heal itself eventually if I just let it heal.

So onward and upward each day will be better.  Now what should we wear for the 'push for the tush' walk...hmmm

signed 'one' rested purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.