Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 346 - 'one' more session

All decked out till Wednesday night.
Actually lucky number 13 is in progress.  It was very busy in the clinic today as it is a short week so they need to fit the usually 5 days of patients into 4.  It's usually interesting when there are others in the pod with you, you get to hear some of their stories and where they are in their treatments.

I have to admit that when I hear that someone is on their last treatment I do get jealous.  But then there are those that have been battling the disease of and on for years, not so much fun.  There was a young man beside us today that was joined by his wife and 3 little ones...
  I can't even imagine how hard that must be to go through all this with such a young family, they were all under 4.  So cute and you can see that they are a VERY close family. 

Ray and I were talking about how I am coming up on my one year anniversary from my diagnosis and what should we do?  Good old Ray comes up with the best idea ever...'Why don't you get a colonoscopy'  Yeah right! Boy that man can make me laugh till it hurts.

What a wonderful birthday bash we had yesterday.  I loved seeing the kids playing on the pogo sticks and stilts.  Ray said he looked at me and I had the biggest smile on he'd seen in days.  I absolutely adore the volume and mayhem of 5 people opening gifts and gifts and more gifts.  What a blast!  I am sooooo blessed!

So the next few days I lay low and let the wonderful drugs work through my system and then I will begin my bounce back and look forward to an exciting weekend.  I guess you could say that I  have decided that I shall be the Tigger and NOT Eeyore.

So I hope your day had its funny moments like mine and you are enjoying a quiet evening at home doing your favorite things.  oh, oh...I'm getting the munchies!  Silly steroids.

signed 'one' got the munchies purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.