Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 337 - 'one' clear brain on the horizon

looking out from my world to yours...
I can see it...it's there, yep I can see it! Today begins the process of digging out of the chemo tunnel.  You know that tunnel that I go in for a few days and hide.  I do exciting things like sleep and then there's more sleep and yeah and let's not forget MORE sleep...
  Sheesh, how exciting is that!

As I slept that last few days away the world spun around me.  The Canucks lost the Stanley Cup, the post-game riot, the post riot volunteers, my boler was adopted, orders came in for longies and soakers, my lavender started showing signs of beautiful blossoms, bags and bags of garbage were hauled away and I watched birdies nibbling on some new birdseed in their feeders.  It's a weird feeling to be a spectator and watch everything function normally around you, I'm used to being part of it all not as a spectator for sure.

I wonder at times what are the best ways to make big changes in your life.  Fast and furious or slow and easy.  Actually I don't think we usually have the choice, change just happens at whatever speed it wants to go.  It's how we make the changes in our brain that are the most difficult.  Physical changes around you happen and you just adjust to the new stuff but when you need to change your brain/thought patterns there is a constant struggle from old to new that does not happen overnight. 

my birdhouse tree
It amazes me at times when I look at the billions and billions of people that live in this world and how everyone of us is sooo different.  We look different, think different, act different, have different priorities, different dreams and different needs.  For one person they wake up in the morning and are trying to figure out how to get some food on the table for their kids, another wakes up and tries to figure out what fun things they can do with their kids today, another is deciding where to buy that all important first cup of coffee this morning.  And we all co-exist, we all function in our own worlds as life spins around us.  No matter where we are and what we are doing the world continues to spin, to move, to function. 

my chemo gizmo
So how is it that 'one' person can make a difference as the world continues to spin, I'm still trying to figure that one out.  Perhaps what a lot of people do to make a difference is to make sure there is food on the table, or they make someone laugh or smile, or perhaps they place a box of macaroni in the food bank bin.  But they ARE making a difference and so are you.  No matter how small the task may seem to you it means the world to others.  Never underestimate the power of 'one' act, never.  There is always numerous ways in a day that you and I can make a difference.  By noon you've probably made quite a few!  As a matter of fact I know you have. 

So as you can see my brain is still rather scattered and it's difficult to focus.  But focus I will on making a difference and moving forward to feeling better everyday and I know I need to have patience with myself and adjust my expectations to match my capabilities that change daily...Patience ladybug patience! ;-)

signed 'one' purple ladybug that's still learning lots...sheesh, will it ever end?




No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.