Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 332 - 'one' kissy face!

We try to play at least one game of cards together every day. 
It helps to let out the frustrations when we can call
each other nasty names in fun!
yep, that's what I look like at times!  Tonight is the beginning of the side effects of my chemo treatment that will last at least the next 40 hours as it pumps into my body. The shakes, I have that before.  Needles and pins in my fingers and toes, there is more of that now.  Even when I get a spoon out of the drawer it feels like its frozen...
  Jaw pain when I start to eat something, that's not new but now I seem to be having muscles cramps in my legs, arms and face.  Yes you heard it, my face, sheesh. 

That's where the kissy face is showing up.  My lips cramp up in what Ray would call, his favorite 'kissy faced girl'.  It just looks strange and that I can't control it, well that's a little strange too.  Let's see if I can get Ray to take of pic of it.  I am assuming you would like to see my kissy face ;-).

My chemo in a bottle...hick
Chemo treatment went really well.  There was a newbie in the pod, she has the same 'c' as me but she's 24 years older. I felt lucky when she was telling the nurse about her ostomy bag, that was what they prepared me for too.  I talked to her and her hubby for a bit, discussing how it's like a whole new language to learn.  They asked what number treatment I was on, I told them 12 and the went woooooo.  Funny how it doesn't sound like much to me now.  I am preparing my mindset for hitting the 20's by October and it really doesn't bother me. 

Sitting and watching
Canuck madness on Scott Road
You see I got another set of blood tests back a couple days ago and YES things are still rising.  The white blood count is one of the most important levels to watch because the white blood cells keep your immunity high so that you aren't susceptible to infections and kill cancer cells and tumors. So because I have gone from a borderline 1.8 and now I'm at 6.1 it makes me feel good! Yep...you got GOOD! 

Just as an FYI - I have updated my Medical Protocol page to include my new meds and routine. 
At the end of today's session I thanked the nurse for all the fun we had and she said 'we did have fun didn't we!'  I love that response.  All in all a good day...

signed 'one' kissy faced purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.