Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 330 - 'one' magic glove

Me and my Dudley snoozing
that's what I have is 'one' magic glove.  You will find me these days looking just a little different when it comes to working in the kitchen.  I wear one of those black winter stretchy gloves on one hand.  Why just one hand? That's what I need when grabbing things from the fridge or freezer.  You see with this new protocol I have to keep myself away from cold things.  If my hands or feet touch anything cold it feels like I have pins and needles in them.  If I breath in a sudden burst of cold air it will feel like my throat is closing up and I'm having a heart attack.  Now don't that sound like fun...
nope!

So when I reach for anything cold I quickly hold my breath and grab my handy glove and by george it seems to work.  Mind you I haven't tested not using it yet but no thanks I ain't gonna.

It's actually more difficult then I thought only eating things that are at room temperature or above.  I was sooooo sick of drinking warm water and it finally dawned on me that I could be having those little juice boxes.  They can stay on the counter at room temperature no problem.  Ray helps me by putting out things either the night before or in the morning to allow them to get to room temperature so I can have them.  Things like grapes, jello, and even some yummy cut up watermelon.  I eat a lot of canned peaches and pears too.  It's been a few years since I've purchased so many little juice boxes and those handy but expensive fruit cups. 

I've been feeling really good the last few days.  I don't try to play with my pain killers anymore...I just except that I need them and take them every 4 hours with Gravol and that seems to handle both the nausea and pain! woohooo

My side garden is coming along.  I planted another 10 lavender plants today and Ray helped me transplant a HUGE one from the back.  We will need to trim our cherry tree soon so they get enough sun.  As summer seems to be approaching, plans are in the works for outings with family and friends and that's exciting.  Ray actually washed our boler trailer today, it was full of green goooo growing everywhere similar to my poor Sweet Pea. 

As I begin to get the back yard ready for a new shed I realize how much my garden I neglected over the past year.  So many big plans I had for my yard and now as my life has changed so must those BIG plans.  I make things do-able now and I can actually manage to water my plants in just a few minutes instead of an hour like last year.  So as I adjust to these BIG changes at times I get filled with so many mixed emotions.  Anger because of this forced change, sadness because of all the things I must get rid of but I then get excited when I picture how it will all look when it is done. 

So as I work hard to make the changes I need I can't deny at times that it gets me down but I know they need to be done and the harder the change is the better everything will be when it's all done.  Right? Right!

signed 'one' black gloved purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.