Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 342 - 'one' BIG cold chocolate milkshake

Yep, that's what I would like...one BIG cold chocolate milkshake.  I wonder why we always want what we can't have.  We obsess about it, crave it, dream about it and long for it.  As we start to get warmer days and I realize that I can't have cold beverages or food, I crave it even more.  Somehow room temperature water is not the same as sucking as hard as you can on a straw that's sitting in a frosty cold capacino or shake.  OK,  I  better stop talking about it cause now I'm craving ice cream! LOL

It is funny how the more we know we can't have something the MORE we want it.  For me it's probably been having land.  Land to garden, store stuff, build little cities, have big camp outs with the family, a go cart track, an ice rink, hold reunions and on and on I can go...
  You get this picture in your mind that all of life's problems would be solved if only you had...X  But that's not true.  One thing that definitely I've learned through big changes come new problems.  Yes, the old problems disappear but new problems always will rear their ugly head for sure.  Life is NEVER without problems and things you just don't like.

So what if we just put those ideas and desires we have on the dream shelf and started learning to be happy with where we are?  What would happen? Would we be sad, would we be angry, would we resent others for making us give up our dreams? What if we turned what we have now into our dream...hmmm

I don't deny I still want land and have dreams about how great it would be.  But I need to make sure that having that dream is not interfering with me being happy where I am right now.  Besides having 'that dream' right now would make me stress out about other things that are much more important to me.  Like my hubby driving home for miles after a 12 hour shift of graveyards and not being able to stay awake.  If there's anything I understand is that the safety of my family is MORE important than any dream I may have.  By far!

So yes, I have a dream.  Yes, I won't give it up but if the dream comes true in the future that will be great but for right now, and I mean right now...welcome to my mini farm! I have a greenhouse, workshop, pirate ship, lavender garden, sewing room, craft room, beautiful outside patio, a outside campfire setup and I could go on and on. There are lots of not-so-perfect things as well but I will be thankful for the 'living the dream' as it stands today!  Yep...I'm living my dream!  See how easy that was...are you living yours? If not, can you change the way you think about things so you can be happy right now, at this moment.  I'll tell you a secret, you CAN be happy right where you are...Yes, you can!!!

signed 'one' wish I was sucking on an ice cube purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.