Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

DAy 328 - 'one' fast appointment

Do you think my hat is big enough?
that's what my Tuesday appt was...one fast appointment.  We were out at the truck before it was even the original appointment time.  You see when things are going really well there's not much to talk about.  Well that's not true, the not much to talk about, we all yakked alot! 

We arrived early at the clinic because Ray gets nervous about finding a parking spot...
  There is a lot of construction going on at the Surrey Hospital so parking is harder to find than ever.  We arrived early and Dr. Le saw us early as well.  First I had to be weighed of course, 13lbs lighter in a month, not too bad. We went into the office and waited for the Dr.  Joking around and laughing as we usually do, we do get some strange looks...you're NOT supposed to be happy in a 'C' clinic you know! ;-)

When Dr. Le arrived the usual questions.  Ray had our note book out with the questions we wanted to ask the Dr. as well.  The first thing the Dr. said is 'you are doing really well', Ray and I looked at each other and smiled.  I asked when my next CT scan will be.  'I like patients to do at least 6 sessions of this type of protocol before a CT scan is done'....hmmmm.  Then she said that she knows that I wanted some time off in the summer but maybe I can have some in the fall....hmmmm.  I have a lot of respect as you know for my Dr. so my time off this summer is cancelled but I'm ok with that.  It's not bad news, we feel that Dr. Le knows what best for me and to knock this 'c' in butt we will continue flooding my body with this new protocol.  She also talked about how over the top my blood tests were...'you are one strong lady'!

We left there excited about how things are going with the new routine.  You see the last couple days I swear there are times I totally forget that I'm sick.  woohoo.   I used to think I had a lot of energy and right now I feel sooooooo normal.  My Dr. knows what has worked in the past to help others and I know she is doing the best for me.  When we got home we talked about what trips we are going to take when I get rid of my 'c'.  A cruise, a big camping trip and a train trip.  Making plans feels good!

So right now we are staying one foot high off the ground as we dream of the future and even if it means that I will continue to have treatments for a long time, its all worth it.  Cause all the little inconveniences don't really matter.  What matters is the time we have with each other, our family and friends and what these treatments are giving us...time!  And they say you can't find time...we feel like we have found ours.  Everyday our home feels more cozy and we work on making it even cozier.  There are days we actually quarrel about the 'stupid' things and then we laugh realizing how great it is when things feel normal once and awhile. 

I can say that I've never felt more relaxed, de-stressed and enjoying life.  Whatever comes our way, we know as a family we will do everything we can to help each other and laugh as we take life's bumps and bruises.  But we will be ok...yep, we will be OK!!!!

signed 'one' foot off the ground purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.