Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 324 - 'one' day to remember

and that's for sure.  What a blast it was to walk along Jericho Beach with family, friends and little ones! You couldn't have asked for a better day.  We all had fun finding the beach but once we did what a find it was.  I forget what a beautiful city we live in.  Surrounded by mountains and water and so much cultural diversity.  Of course enjoying the day had a lot to do with the wonderful sunshine that has finally decided to show up in the sky.

After registering the group of purple walkers we ventured down the trail with a great photographer in tow...
  It wasn't a hurried walk but a walk where we enjoyed each other's company and the the beautiful surroundings.  Kids got to play and run and us slow pokeys got to yak yak yak. 

Photos were taken here and there and it reminded me of the scrap book I need to pull out and finish.  After our walk we sat on a log on the beach to enjoy some more of the day and the sand.  The kids gathered cups from the food tables and castles and roads were soon being built.  Yep...many memories were made today.

We all ventured to different areas of the city afterward...some went shopping, some went visiting and Ray and I trecked back home.  As I gain strength daily and learn what my body can take it gets me excited about the next week.  With the weather cooperating perhaps a paint brush shall be in my hand, lavender under a shovel or two, some hats being sewn and ordering a barn for my back yard to replace my workshop.  Well sort of a barn ;-). 

I will also start re-planning my eating strategy.  For the last while its just been enough to make sure I eat something now I will get back on track with my wheat grass and whole foods again.  Besides there is only soooo much jello and pudding I can stand!  I will still focus on constant munchies and keeping my tummy not too full that seems to work well. My next round of chemo, round 12 starts in a week and I'm eager to get a CT scan done in the next month to see what the new goodies are doing to my invaders ;-)

What a day, what a day, what a day...special heart hugs to those who came out to support us today.  Without you the day would have definately not been as amazing as it was.  BIG 'purple ladybug' HUGS!

signed 'one' grateful purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.