Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 335 - 'one' sad state

in my make believe world, making a hat can make a difference
when people use a situation to destroy property and hurt others.  I have such a hard time imagining the type of individuals that created the riot in our beautiful downtown Vancouver.  I can't fathom even being down there watching the devastation take place, its heartbreaking.  Then you see what the news stations are reporting about how the Canuck fans did all this just because we lost a hockey game...
  I just want to shake the news reporters and ask them to tell both sides of the story.  But we all know that the stories that make the news are the worst ones and they spin them to get people to watch. 

my make believe pirate ship
I really do find that watching the news makes me more upset every day.  Again, I know most of you think I live in a make believe world.  I want to believe that most of the people that wander this earth are GOOD people.  I want to believe that the largest populations in this world care about others and would help their fellow man.  But if I watch the news its make me believe otherwise.  I would like to be informed about what is going on but can't they spin the other side of humanity as well.  The good side. 

my make believe town
I know there are people out there everyday helping homeless, addicts, sick people...I see this personally in my own life.  No, we don't hear about the wonderful dedication of nurses, doctors, receptionists, health care workers etc, etc...we hear about the travesty of our health care system, how it's not working.  I would love to see some sort of balance.  A balance of news stories that show the great sense of loyalty we have to this country, our Canadian spirit, our ability to gather as a group of people and celebrate without violence.  Do you think people will remember that over 100,000 fans gathered downtown and watched 2 other games without any riot's breaking out.  Nope, they will remember the riots because every news channel has picked up that story and run with it. 


enter...to my 'make believe' world

Well I said it.  I stand by my 'make believe' world and wish it was reality.  I will continue to believe that there are more 'good' people out there helping others.  I will continue to believe that the person you smile at and joke with in the check out line will remember how good you made them feel.  I will continue to believe that 'one' positive act can affect some one's life and change a person's course.  And I will continue to believe that today is a good day and is filled with more blessings that I can imagine.  Yep, that's my make believe world and I'm sticking to it!  What are your beliefs in your make believe world?

signed 'one' proud make believe purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.