Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 270 - 'one' big pull

or is it a little one? Life has a tendency to pull you in a direction even when you don't know it's happening. But sometimes you're not sure what to do...should you push yourself forward or pull back.  How do you make that decision?

I have this debate going on daily, do I pay attention to my body and stop working so hard or do I push through and believe that it is helping me.  Does a person push themselves through the aches and pains...
 that the body feels or pay attention and just stop doing those things that makes it feel so crappy?  Are the pains from just getting old, being out of shape, from medications or is your body telling you to 'stop that'?

3 batches of yogurt cook'n - yum yum
There are days I can push myself through and boy do I pay for it later.  But I remember that aches and pains from working at Lavenderville for the day, very similar.  The debate continues daily in my brain and every night I say I'm going to take it easy the next day and I just find it almost impossible to do it.  Especially because I have no nausea right now so I want to take advantage of feeling so well.

Last night I told myself that," take it easy today".  But I still painted a section of bathroom, some touch ups around the house, painted the General Store sign and installed the door frame on it as well.  Oh yeah, then there;s the bathroom scrub down and the spices I put into glass jars.  Is my body aching...yes, is my back sore...yes, am I tired...yes, but I'm thinking its just age.  Suck it up buttercup! ;-)

So the daily debate continues and I will try to balance what my heart wants to do and listen to my body once and awhile.  But my heart is pulling me to get things done and I LOVE doing it all, so I can't argue with that.  But I DO pay for it every night as I try to sleep.  So LIFE pull as you will, I will try to make the right decisions and balance the rest I need to heal with the things my heart longs to do.

signed 'one' achy purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.