Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 265 - 'one' tangled mess

Yesterday I started a new crochet project for myself.  But to start the project I needed to have some wool.  I grabbed a bag of wool I picked up from a thrift shop, it was Woodwards wool, an old retail store that used to be in Vancouver.  But when I started to try...
 and find a way to unravel the wool to use it, it became a tangled mess.  The more I tried the worse it got.

Usually these days when you start a ball of wool you find the end string that is located in the very centre of the wool and you are off and crocheting but for some reason this wool was impossible to unravel.

What are you yakking about you ask.  It reminded me about life in many ways.  Sometimes life is easy to figure out and things go smoothly but other times it just seems like a mess.  My daughter and her crew were over so they helped me deal with my tangled mess.  See, it takes help sometimes to unravel the messes we get ourselves into.  Just like life.

Sometimes it takes someone else to help you see how to do things a little easier.  We get stuck in our own way of thinking and can't seem to see the forest for the trees.  Others can see past the emotion you have invested in your 'mess' and get things done. 

It's actually getting easier to ask for help. Perhaps that's one of life's lessons I am supposed to learn.  That asking for help is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength and confidence.  Knowing that you can't figure out something alone is not easy but in the end you don't understand why you didn't ask for help earlier.  REALLY...it's NOT a sign of weakness.  Everyone LOVES to be needed and they LOVE to help. 

So the next time your stuck in the middle of one of life's messes remember you are surrounded by people who love you and want to help.  Just ask!!! Then life can continue to move forward until the next little life's 'mess' we get ourselves into. LOL

signed 'one' less tangled purple ladybug

2 comments:

  1. Not only can you hit the nail on the head in building but also in the "noggin'" If I had a hammer.....you know the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice logos!!

    It's amazing how hard it is to ask for help...but you are so right that it is always better for everyone when we do.

    Love Cindy

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.