Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 273 - 'one' day to remember

putting candles in a lemon meringue pie is not easy...
steady, steady!
Yep it was.  I spent the morning putting shingles on the front of the general store building and the afternoon cooking my hubby's birthday dinner.  Cabbage rolls and lemon meringue pie has been his favorite birthday dinner for years.

He arrived home with a phone call from some of the grandkids singing him Happy Birthday...
so cute! Then he wolfed down his cabbage rolls between phone calls from his family.  He has such a great family.  Next came the group of other grandkids over for pie and presents.

What a lucky guy...he got a toothpick voodoo person.  Here's a pic!  Then the present our whole family can enjoy...a photo shoot for 2 hours at a local farm! WOOHOO.  It will be fun.  Very relaxed and we are dressing in our normal day to day clothes to make it real!  Mind you I don't think I'll be wearing my burlap moomoo LOL. I can already see pics of all the grandkids peaking through the branches of the trees.  Or all of us with pics in the big barn where the photo shoot will be.  Sooooo much fun, fun, fun!

Other than that I've been plodding away at finishing the general store.  The shingle siding is starting to look great.  I have already built the counter for inside, some chalk boards for grocery specials and the plant boxes are already nailed on.  I've begun to prep the next area of the yard for the last building and the train.  So exciting, I love it.  I said to Ray this is the funnest of my 101 crazy ideas!

My tummy has been bugging me a bit so I've cut out eating my hemp seeds on my yogurt.  I'm hoping that is what seems to be irritating it.  My lower back has been bothering me a bit but I'm sure it's from bending over to nail on the cedar shingles. 

We are off on an adventure day today and are hoping to find some snow ;-).

signed 'one' full of memories and can't wait for more purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.