Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 281 - 'one' thank you

yep, that's what somebody did today. I was working outside on the general store and a little old man stopped by to thank us for always taking such care of the corner.  He says every time he goes by there is something new to look at and it always looks so nice.  Such a nice thing to do. 

Well the general store front is done.  I now need to do the inside with some shelves, add the counter and paint the inside and outside back and sides.  Some of the painting will be done by little hands for sure.  They are itching to help grandma like they did for the pirate ship.  So cute.

Yesterday was my CT scan and Xray.  I was the second patient in the morning so it went very fast.  One thing I learned is that they give me an Xray because they want to ensure I don't get too much radiation.  If they did the CT scan of my belly and my chest it would be too much.  So they give me they Xray to reduce the risk.  Risk, there's no risk! LOL  The results of this CT scan and Xray will determine if I stay with the same chemo protocol or we try something else.

Ray working on the roof! Glad he
knew how to do it. I sure didn't
They seem to have new policy at the hospital now.  You must wear jammie bottoms as well as the smock.  Wouldn't have been too bad except they make them for very narrow people not over-normal people like me.  They were so small.

This house had a bunch of blow
up bunnies...I WANT some!!
I was doing some reading the last couple days, trying to get my brain back on track and keep it from think'n too much.  Something interesting I read was that see things through our thoughts and opinions and not through our eyes.  Our thoughts act as a kind of veil preventing us from seeing things with fresh eyes. When something comes into view we identify it by our thinking and our categorizing mind not by what we actually see.  Like when I go to the hospital, or to the dr, or to chemo, I start thinking about past experiences and this forms my opinion of how things are going to be and it skews my ability to just take things as they come.  It's just a gentle reminder for each of us to try and look at things with a fresh eye without making judgements on our current situations from our past experiences.  Hard to do I know but it does help the brain to relax and take each thing as it comes.

So try to see tomorrow as a new day, with new things to see and try not to be frustrated about what happened today.  Tomorrow will show you how great it is if you just let it. ;-)

signed 'one' hammering purple ladybug


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Great advice for sure. I can't believe what you accomplish with all that is going on! Lots of people I know need to pay attention and realize their abilities to take action and stop finding excuses why they can't do stuff. I gotta come see the "set", now we need to write a script and shoot a movie with all the little actors while the are not shy. Hugs from us.

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.