Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 275 - 'one' continuous belly ache

woohoo.  sheesh for the last week my tummy has really been talk'n to me.  I'm pumping up my water intake hoping that will help some.  Tylenol's are helping but it's just irritating! LOL

Aside from that with the monsoon rain, hail and snow we are having these days I haven't done much.  I'm working on the general store sign in the house but it's going slowly.  I must get my Easter decorations out soon...
 and the weather looks like its going to cooperate this weekend.  woohoo

Purple Ladybug asks...can I drive?
can I drive, huh, huh?
Our trip to Whistler was rather uneventful. The roads up were good, we haven't been on the new sea to sky highway yet.  Arrived in Whistler within 2.5 hours and all you see when you come into town is condos.  Found a nice parking spot in the Village.  Not many people there but lots of young ski and snow board bums ;-).  Retail is ridiculously expensive and unfortunately we couldn't go on the peak to peak gondola because the clouds were so low.  Well I guess we could have gone but we wouldn't have seen much.  So all and all it was fun to spend time together but again we realize that the touristy places are not for us.  Perhaps we should have headed for Manning Park.

Purple Ladybug had a beer,
first one in over a year...yum
Well I think that my chemo protocol/drugs will be changing soon. My tumour marker has gone up quite a bit so that means things are not working so it's time for a change.  I suspected that when my hair started growing.  There will probably be a CT scan in my near future as well.  woohoo. 

I love having this time off, now if the weather will cooperate I will get lots done.  Yesterday I moved my 500 baby lavender plants so they get more sun.  I am hoping they will grow quite a bit before we plant them in the next few months. 

Not much exciting here...and that's a good thing!

signed 'one' lazy purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.