Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 285 - 'one' fast 3 weeks

yep my time off is done, at least for now.  It feels like it went way too, too fast.  What has the last 3 weeks brought me...no nausea, woohoo, lots of time with family, a wonderful set of photos we are all anxious to see, I don't know how the photographer is going to choose from 850 photos! I have enjoyed a couple VERY cold beer, shhhhh...
some great time with a hammer and some nails, some adventures with my hubby, and some hilarious card games.  Life is wonderful to say the least.  I have tried to spend some time getting my brain re-focused on the now and not worrying about the future.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day, early AM for blood work and a dr's appt.  I will get the results of my CT scan and we will move forward on the next steps to my conquering 'C'.

The last couple days have been rather odd.  I've been trying to figure out the right combination to help me with my back pain. T'3s seem to be working, I'm only taking 1/2 doses and then Ray got me this wonderful new back massager.  What can I say, I'm spoiled.

I haven't worked much outside because of the monsoon weather still.  Anyone sick of rain yet?  But my brain has been planning the last project in the yard, so at least it's coming together in my brain LOL.  I can't wait to start planting all my big lavender plants in the side yard, that's when I know it will all be finally coming together.  It really hasn't taken me as long as I thought.  But we need the rain to stop so we can get some painting done, we can't paint wet, wet, wood!

Today I actually spent time sewing hats for the 'C' centre.  I used some new t-shirts that my Big Bro gave me and they worked out great.  Twelve 'inside' hats ready to go, we will see if I have the motivation to make more tonight. 

A saying comes to mind...'when one door closes, another one opens'  Tomorrow the door opens to discover new ways to feel better and the road to my next set of chemo.  woohoo. 

signed 'one' onward and upward purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.