Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 263 - 'one' wonderful smell

nope, it's not what you're think'n.  I am sitting here smelling the wonderful smell of focacia bread baking that's made with almond flour.  Smells good!!! For dinner I shall make myself spinach cheese puff, yep I still enjoy food, food, food!

My hands and feet have been giving me some grief the last few days...
I can't figure out if my feet get worse from the friction in my shoes from walking a lot or the cold of the bedroom floor.  It's not consistant.  Sometimes my feet feel ok when I've worked outside all day, other days they feel worse.  Loosing mobility in my hands is more frustrating than feeling like I'm walking on pins and needles all day.  I depend on my hands for so much of my day it shocks me when I drop things or can't seem to grip a knife...argghhh.


The last couple days have been soooo much fun.  We went to a store in New West called 'Galloways' to get some raw nuts but oohhhh my, it has so much more.  Yesterday my muscle man helped me put up the walls of the building 2 of my project and today I pre-fabbed the joists and added them.  So far everything is going together great!

This week begins the psychological mind games of another chemo session in a few days but first lab work and a dr. appt.  Somedays I am better at pushing away the negative thoughts and some days there's not much I can do about them but think, think, and think some more. 

Tonight I shall rest my hands and feet.  No crocheting for me tonight.  I hope that tomorrow my hands will cooperate and I can cut out some Easter eggs thanks to some plywood generously given to me by my brother.  I love having a stock of wood for my creative brain to work on.

Off to make my dinner and do some relax'n - hard work eh?

So what smells make you grin? ;-)

signed 'one' relax'n purple ladybug

PS - just tasted my homemade focacia bread...so yummy and easy to make! I think I've finally found a bread I can make. woohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.